Help to Buy
The government backed Help to Buy Scheme was launched in April 2013 aimed at getting people moving with a low deposit.
With Help to Buy you can move home with a deposit as little as 5%. This applies to both first time buyers and people moving up the property ladder. There are two separate parts to the scheme; Mortgage Guarantee and Equity Loan.
Whether you are a first time buyer or an existing home owner Help to Buy can make it possible for you to make that next step on the property ladder. The aim of the scheme is to make mortgages more available to those who cannot afford a large deposit.
With the Help to Buy Scheme all that’s required is a 5% deposit, to purchase a new home of up to £600,000. This part of the scheme is only available on new build properties. In January 2014 the second part of Help to Buy became available on ALL properties. The government will lend you up to 20% of the value of the property in the form of an equity loan; this is interest free for the first 5 years and then acquires an interest rate of 1.75% which rises annually after year 6.
The loan can be repaid at any time or when you sell your home. This then allows you to secure a 75% mortgage enabling lower monthly payments and making new homes more affordable for you.
We can provide you professional online conveyancing for your Help to Buy transaction. All our solicitors are highly qualified and knowledgeable regarding the Help to Buy scheme. If you have any further queries about Help to Buy or conveyancing for your purchase please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.
- As professional conveyancing solicitors we are able to offer expert services for your Help to Buy transaction
- Available to first time buyers & existing homeowners
- Available on new build & existing properties
- Government will provide 20% so you will only need a 75% mortgage
- No limit on household income
- You only need a 5% deposit to qualify
- Available on properties up to the value of £600,000