Conveyancing Property Paralegal
Job Title: Paralegal
Reporting To: Conveyancing Manager
Based in our Shrewsbury office
Main Purpose of Job
As part of a high performing team you will assist in progressing a varied caseload including but not limited to sale, purchases, including leasehold, freehold titles, with help to buy and shared ownership schemes, remortgages and transfer of equities.
You will proactively engage with our clients, providing a friendly and approachable service, advising them on the process of Re-Mortgaging and/or transferring the ownership of a property whilst providing consistent support to the established case handler team within the business
- To Check Titles with precision for newly instructed case sale files, remortgage and transfer of equity files
- To contact the new clients and introduce TCS to them whilst confirming our paperwork is on the way to them.
- To ensure correct and comprehensive documentation is sent to clients
- To chase paperwork on a regular basis
- To log standard Client Instruction documentation, Identification, draft contract packs on sale files, log in draft contract packs on purchase files, order and report on Redemption statements, prepare completion statements, request property searches, carry out Lawyer Checks and carry out pre-completion searches and request mortgage funds
- To take a majority of the calls for the department
- Report on Mortgage Offers and Property Searches
- Draft the contract pack on sale files
- Request Help to Buy ISA Funds
- Prepare SDLT and TR1 Forms
- To assist with exchanges
- To comply with completion targets
- Assist with completions
- To be proactive and notify the management of issues requiring attention.
- To comply with internal and external SLAs and SRA/CLC regulatory requirements
- To comply with Anti Money Laundering Guidance issued by the Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- To manage the expectations of external partners and clients.
- To be proactive in relation to suggesting ways of automating, streamlining and efficiency savings
- To attend and pass all relevant training sessions requested by your Line Manager
- Take part in team meetings to share learning and improve processes.
- Communicate with clients and all third parties professionally and considerately
- Uphold a friendly customer service attitude.
- Role Profile
- Ensure effective communication and implementation of company policies, procedures, plans and principles.
- Have and maintain a positive attitude and flexible approach to your work and your colleagues ensuring the same care and diligence is carried out when working on a colleague’s files as well as your own files.
- Uphold a professional work ethic.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Conveyancing Property Paralegal
- Demonstrating a ‘can do’ attitude within the workplace.
- From time to time you may be required to undertaken other activities of a similar nature that fall within capabilities as directed by management.
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to email@example.com
We are always looking for individuals with excellent communication skills, drive, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic that matches or exceeds our own to join our team. Ideally you will have excellent customer services skills, and have experience within the area you are looking to join us. We provide full training and future personal development and in return we look for self motivated staff who are keen do develop their career and skills within a supportive and structured working environment.
All roles are target driven, and you should enjoy working to and achieving deadlines within a busy office environment and you should appreciate and aim to achieve excellence in client service.
Metamorph Group Limited operates a preferred supplier list of agencies, which is reviewed annually. Speculative CV’s sent by other recruitment agents without prior agreement by Metamorph Group Limited’s Recruitment Team will not be accepted and will be deemed property of Metamorph Group Limited, with no recruitment fee applicable.